The First Baptist Church had its beginning in a small park just west of the Methodist Church under a brush arbor in 1917. The church was organized with 17 members. It was named the “Central Baptist Church.” Later, the name was changed to “The First Baptist Church.” On September 17, 1917, Central Baptist Church purchased lots 17 and 18 in block 14 on Main Street on which to build a church building. The building consisted of a sanctuary, a baptistry, and 3 small classrooms. In June 1930, disaster struck the church. The church burned to the ground. Times were hard, but finally a new church building began to be built, using the old foundation. It was a larger building than the old one. In 1945, the church bought the three lots by the church for parking spaces. On December 19, 2000, the church building was once again destroyed by fire. Once again the building was rebuilt. It was dedicated to the Lord on April 7, 2002. The Fellowship hall was dedicated in April 4, 2004. The slab for the Family Activities Building was poured on march 26, 2009, with the help of The Nail-Benders Ministry. It was completed in the “dry” and sat idle for about 2 years. Work on this building should be completed soon.