BACK TO SCHOOL/BACK TO CHURCH SUNDAY
Call To Worship # 4 “To God Be the Glory”
Hymn # 386 “The Family of God”
The Time of Greeting
Hymn # 484 “Higher Ground”
Hymn # 485 “Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus”
Giving of Tithes and Offerings
Special Music “Light Your World” Jana and Caleigh
Children Go to Children’s Church
The Message “You Are the Light of the World” (Matthew 5:14-16)
The Invitation # 275 “I Surrender All”
(Time of Commitment for Teachers and Students)
POT-LUCK LUNCH…. EVERYONE INVITED!
Our Monthly Business Meeting
Call to Worship # 493 “Onward, Christian Soldiers”
Hymn # 483 “Footsteps of Jesus”
Hymn # 469 “Revive Us Again”
The Message “Going For the Gold” ( 1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
The Invitation # 307 “Just As I Am”
1. 5:30 Tonight: Deacon’s Meeting
2. 6:30 Tonight: Business Meeting
3. Saturday, Aug. 20 at 2:00 – 4:00 pm: Retirement reception for Bro. Larry and Gwen Sherman of Ridgeway Baptist Church. At the Association office. Everyone invited!
4. Last Sunday night we presented 7 Playpens, 6 High Chairs, 3 Baby Walkers , and an assortment of diapers, wipes and sippee cups to Charles and Ginger Blue for Foster Parents to use. It was a very special service!
5. Thanks to everyone who worked to prepare their classrooms for the New Church Year!
6. Thanks to the Ladies who work so hard in our Library! (Joyce Manasco, Anna Willis and Sharon Seale)